Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure used to treat varicose veins and “spider veins”
Varicose veins and “spider veins” develop slowly. However once they start they progress and do not get better on their own. Symptoms can include heavy, tired, achy, painful legs, although many people do not experience symptoms and treatment is usually sought by those troubled by the appearance of the veins.
Our Sclerotherapy treatment involves an injection of a sclerosing agent — hypertonic saline (salt solution) or other agents such as Sotradecol (sodium tetradecyl sulfate) — directly into the varicose vein with a fine needle. This solution irritates the lining of the vessel, causing it to swell and stick together, and the blood to clot. Over time, the vessel turns into scar tissue that fades from view. Larger veins may be treated with higher concentrations of the sclerosing agent. The procedure will require anywhere from a single to several sessions.
Prior to the procedure, you will have an initial consultation with our specialized team at IdeaLaser Cosmetic Center to determine your eligibility.
Benefits of IdeaLaser Sclerotherapy Treatments:
- pain and swelling will be reduced or disappear altogether
- treatment of this common cosmetic problem frees people to show their legs again
- reduces or eliminates unsightly veins
- does not interfere with normal daily activities
- safe, virtually painless, in-office treatment
- relief of symptoms
- a professional team will take care of you
- initial free consultation to determine your eligibility for our sclerotherapy treatment
- 100% in-house financing if needed
- top personal attention to patients